Title: Cost Accountant
Location: San Miguel, Mexico
Department: Accounting Dept 191 Reports to: Plant Manager
Position No: 91392 0001 Rate Range: B-8
Assists Plant Manager in computing and analyzing Standard product costs and variances as directed. Prepare all Financial Accounting Statements, Reports and Budgets.
New Product Standard Cost Update – Review and approve accuracy of product structure and routing file before updating base, current and going-to cost.
Review Daily Engineering Changes – Review and evaluate cost implications of engineering changes to routing and/or product structure.
Review, Analyze and Report Variances– Daily, weekly and monthly review of purchase price, material usage, outside operation, labor price, labor usage and factory overhead efficiency variance.
Review, Analyze and Report Scrap
Monitor Work Orders – insure completed work orders are being closed and investigate work orders without activity.
Prepare Monthly Contribution Margin Report.
Conduct weekly Cycle counts, and perform if needed annual physical inventory.
Assist with Annual Budgeted Labor and Overhead Calculation
Assist in the preparation and execution of the year-end cost roll.
Perform month end closing procedures to include journal entries, corporate schedules: (A) P&L, (B) BS, (C) Expanded Cost P&L, (D) Supplemental BS Schedules, EBITDA Commentary
1. Works on Special Analysis and Projects
2. Performs other financial analyses and reports for quarterly and year-end audits as required by outside auditors.
1. Have a B.A. or B.S. in Accounting.
2. Minimum of three to five years manufacturing, cost accounting experience.
3. Possess a good understanding of financial processes, policies, procedures and business applications in accordance with US GAAP.
4. Possess strong conceptual and analytical skills related to Cost Accounting and Manufacturing processes.
5. Ability to organize, plan, and perform multiple projects and meet deadlines with excellent quality and service.
6. Extensive PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
7. Mfg Software applications experience (MRP, JD Edwards preferable or similar ERP systems)
8. Standard Cost Accounting System experience.
9. Demonstrates strong communication skills, as well as good judgement and sound reasoning in developing solutions to Cost Accounting problems, deviations and situations that arise from mfg operations and activities.
10. General understanding of IT business practices, procedures, applications and systems
Approvals Initials Date
Supr./Mgr. ___________ __________
Division HR ___________ __________
Corp. HR ___________ __________
Div. Pres./Sr. VP ___________ __________