Descripción del Empleo
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within a regulated (FDA and ISO) product development system;
- Understand FDA design control requirements;
- Design, fabricate and test electromechanical components and subassemblies, plastic housing enclosures and other mechanical components required for medical instrumentation products;
- Prepare technical documentation, manage version controls from prototyping through production;
- Work with other corporate resources to transfer product design to Production;
- Provide design reviews, technical input to other product designs developed; and assist in special projects as defined by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2 to 5 years of Mechanical engineering work experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) is a must.
- Ability to develop/conceptualize system requirements, electro-mechanical assemblies, error budgets, and designs based on conventional/unconventional design of automated fluid handling and high–sensitive analytical optical measurements;
- Must be proficient using Solidworks to create 3D part/assembly model and detail fabrication drawings;
- Experienced with mechatronics, precision motion system using stepper motors and/or BLDC motor systems is a plus;
- Basic understanding of electronics and real-time control firmware
- Understand product configuration management, part numbering systems, and ability to put together and document a reasonable product structure;
- Computer literate with knowledge of product and ME design standards and processes (ASTM Y14.5, etc.); ability to communicate clearly in both written and oral forms;
- Conscientious of and possessing a positive attitude toward cross-functional design and project responsibilities, working with project management functions, establishing and meeting timelines; and ability to manage projects, organize work priorities and interact effectively with other team members.