Descripción del Empleo
The SMT Programmer/Technician is responsible for programming and troubleshooting all pieces of equipment of an SMT (surface mount technology) assembly line to ensure that all customer specifications/requirements are met. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, the Screen Printer, SMT Pick and Place Machines, AOI, and the Reflow Oven.
- Review and verify engineering supplied data to insure data is sufficient for assembly of PCBs.
- Inspect all stencils for form, fit, and function as it relates to the SMTA job.
- Setup and program the Screen Printer for defect free printing.
- Program SMT Pick and Place Machines using CAD, Gerber and BOM data, and application specific software tools.
- Program AOI Machines to ensure products meet quality standards.
- Create, maintain, and analyze all SMTA related databases.
- Maintain, analyze and report nonconformance and efficiency data to effectively communicate issues to the PCB Assembly Manager for immediate correction.
- Perform in-process inspection of printed circuit board assemblies, component verification, and solder-ability reviews to insure assemblies meet all requirements.
- Read and understand customer drawings, specifications and requirements as they apply to the inspection of the printed circuit board assembly.
- Communicate, both verbally and written, with co-workers and management regarding procedures, inspections, requirements, and other elements of quality assurance.
- 6S and Lean Manufacturing participation.
- Collect and report on machine output data for reports.
- Analyze reports for efficiency and any programming or process improvements that may be completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an SMT Programmer in the PCB industry.
- High school diploma required.
- Previous knowledge of electronic component identification and surface mount, through-hole, and mechanical assembly a must.
- Ability to read and interpret CAD and Gerber drawings, as well as quality control and engineering specifications as they relate to the SMTA process.
- Ability to use quality related measuring and calibration equipment.
- SMT programming and troubleshooting experience on Universal GSM2, Hitachi, ASM, and Yestech AOI equipment preferred.
- Experience reworking PCB assemblies a plus.
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, and Word.
- Experience using SAP and Circuitcama plus, with the ability to learn new skills as required.
- Ability to follow procedures and maintain quality of products at all time.
- Strong document and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Must have US visa.
- Some physical exertion required
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally bend and move about the facility
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety Glasses and gloves may be required while performing specific tasks
- Works in a manufacturing environment
- Exposed to dust, odors, fumes and noise