Descripción del Empleo
Production Line Supervisor
This position is responsible to direct the development and implementation of activities in production areas to meet production goals, product quality, and cost objectives. Plan, organize and schedule production activities to meet demands. Provide direction, leadership, motivation to production personnel and adhering to the quality system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate annual, quarterly and monthly work objectives and plans of the Department, and implement them according to the plan;
- Be responsible for organizing and managing the production workshop to complete production tasks;
- Be responsible for the daily maintenance of production equipment of the Department;
- Organize the formulation and continuous improvement of business processes and management systems related to the functions of the Department;
- Organize personnel training of production department, and evaluate the performance of production workers;
- Coordinate the working relationship between the Department and other departments;
- Complete the task temporarily assigned by the superior;
- Communicate capacity, order delivery and inventory;
- Maintenance and monitoring of production environment;
- Regular verification of production equipment;
- New product transfer and communicate technical issues;
- Recruit and manage production staff.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor degree in biology, chemistry, medicine or other life science discipline;
- Minimum 3 years experience in the manufacturing industry and in a leadership role;
- Experience in medical device industry is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills. Able to lead and work within a team to meet goals/objectives and get results through others. Effectively motivate subordinates.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills;
- Understanding and implementation of Lean Manufacturing for process improvement and problem solving;
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities;
- Knowledge of FDA and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP);
- Must have proven ability to drive adherence to production schedule;
- Experience in driving high levels of compliance with regulatory and quality systems requirements;
- Competence in using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint,Teams)
Bilingual (Spanish and English) is a must.
This position requires that the employee be able to convey detailed information both orally and in written form in both languages, as well as to understand written documentation technical and otherwise, in both languages.