Descripción del Empleo
The Production Manager will oversee all aspects of manufacturing strategy and operations. He/She will drive continuous improvement in process design efficiency, manufacturing flow, cost savings, quality, and resource utilization. Also, the Production Manager will develop and implement policies and programs to ensure products are manufactured within schedule and according to established quality and cost standards. Ensures growth and continual improvements to directly add to the bottom line of the organization.
Disciplines and Accountabilities:
- Manage production planning and schedule through fulfillment of customer orders ensuring, quality, timeliness and completion.
- Manage general warehouse activities and monitor and manage raw material and finished goods inventory.
- Manage production employees to meet production targets, maintain a positive can-do work environment, minimize labor costs and maintain proper labor force levels per shift.
- Develop continuous process improvement strategies to drive operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Understands using certain methodology for manufacturing structure (Lean, Kanban, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Responsible for actively participating in the company's cost reduction program, contributing suggestions and implementing them in a coordinated manner with the Engineering department.
- Run reports that show you standard cost vs. actual cost. Use that data to implement the correct changes needed to take care of the variance.
- Automotive industry knowledge (seats or automotive interiors).
- Attention to detail and disciplined in manufacturing and management.