Functions and specific activities:
Performs engineering work to design new products or modify existing products for the purpose of cost quoting or actual production. Examine equipment, processes, operations, and assembly to determine time or quality revisions and suggests improvements.
- Solid Works (sheet metal desire)
- Experience with MS Office, Excel Intermediate-advance
- Basic knowledge with office equipment
- English 75%
- Detail oriented
- Team worker
- Translates product requirements into new product design concepts, select the materials to be use on the new product fabrication.
- Works with plant production teams to create manufacturing process and quality controls for prototype builds required for customer evaluations and product verification testing.
- Works with engineering team on the new product designs and procedures that will assure the new product performance.
- Capable to work on a multidisciplinary team to select materials and manufacturing processes for new products.
- Determines bills of materials, labor operations, and production standards for all components and for final design.
- Calculate individual part sizes, quantities and weights for manufactured components as part of the design processes.
- Work with department supervisors to determine what special tooling may be needed for a new or modified product. Draws any special tooling needed and arrange for price quotes.
- Draws all flat, formed, and assembled parts or products utilizing sheet metal SolidWorks.
- Use and practice standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to complete new product development such as (but not limited), GD&T, stacks ups, problem solving, etc.
- Continuously works on process improvement to improve quality, simplify tooling set ups, and increase the speed of tooling changeovers.
- Design and draws special gauging for forming, welding, and other production operations as needed.
- Designs guarding for tooling and shop equipment.
- Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
- Participates in all trainings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.